At Limelight Financial Services Limited (Limelight Group), we are committed to protecting your personal information. We recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. This privacy statement sets out Limelight Group’s policies relating to the collection and use of your personal information.
In this policy, “personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”). In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
How we collect information about youWe collect personal information about you when you:
- Apply for a loan (or commence the process for applying for a loan) either through our branches or in any one of our branches.
- Visit one of Limelight Group’s websites and our other related companies’ websites.
- Interact with us on social media
- Contact us with queries or feedback
- Enter competitions or other promotions that we facilitate
- Subscribe to receive marketing communications from us
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including but not limited to credit reporting agencies, your present or former creditors and insurance companies, identification service providers, your referees, government agencies, your past and present employers and owners, occupiers or neighbours of any address reasonably believed to be your current or recent address. Without limiting the foregoing, if you apply for a loan or request a quote for the cost of credit, you authorise us to obtain credit information about you from a credit reporter to confirm your identity, verify your current credit obligations, help us assess your ability to meet repayment obligations and make credit decisions, and to provide you with quotes for the cost of credit.
We may also collect other information which may not necessarily be personal information such as your IP address, cookies and information about your browser and operating system.
You can choose to withhold personal information, but this may restrict the products we can supply to you.
How we use information we collect
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
We collect, hold and use personal information for the following purpose:
- To process, assess and acknowledge any request for finance you have made with us and to provide you with a quotation for the cost of credit
- For the management, assessment or enforcement of any finance agreements you have with us
- To assess your creditworthiness and financial position from time to time including reviewing and managing your agreement, collecting or recovering any payments or other amounts from you, monitoring your compliance and to better service you
- To establish and verify your identity
- To enforce our rights, including to collect outstanding debt from you
- To verify your identity and monitor and screen accounts as required from time to time by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
- To provide you with information about us or our services
- To market our products including future products which we believe may be of interest to you including email, unless you tell us not to as detailed below under “Marketing and Opting Out” (our marketing activities may involve providing your personal information to our marketing agencies (see "Disclosure of Personal Information" below) and/or sharing data with social media platforms such as Facebook to ensure we provide you with the most relevant information about our services)
- To conduct promotions
- To train our staff, monitor and maintain our systems and networks
- To notify a credit reporting agency of your repayment history and account details, if you default in any payment or breach any contract or arrangement with us
- To comply with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators.
Disclosure of Personal InformationWe may disclose your personal information to third parties as we consider appropriate including but not limited to:
- Any trading banks, finance company, credit union, insurance company or other financial institution
- Any credit reporting or identify verification service or agency (including but not limited to Equifax, Centrix and illion)
- Any government agency (including but not limited to Ministry of Justice, Work and Income New Zealand, Department of Corrections, Inland Revenue Department, NZ Transport Agency, Housing New Zealand, NZ Police)
- Employers – both past and present
- Owners, occupiers or neighbours of any address reasonably believed to be your current or recent address
- Debt recovery agencies
- Our agents or service providers like debt collection agencies, introducers, professional advisers, direct debit companies, private investigators, marketing agencies and market research and data analysis providers, mailing houses, call centre operators and technology service providers
- We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
We will not disclose any information about you without your agreement unless it is:
- For one of the purposes described in this policy
- Required by law or to enforce our rights
- We believe it necessary in order to provide you with a service which you have requested
- We suspect that your use of the website is in breach of the usual way websites are meant to be used
- To protect the rights or property of Limelight Group, any Limelight Group user or any member of the public
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety
- Otherwise authorised by law
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies.
Cookies provide us with aggregated information on how users interact on our website. Cookies do not personally identify you, but your browser.
How to control cookie settings
If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may manually adjust the cookie settings on your website browser. In some instances, this may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of parts of the Limelight Group websites.
Marketing and Opting Out
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products. We also use it to conduct promotions.
If at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications you may unsubscribe by using the link in any promotional email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 645 008.
Links to other websites
Protection of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Limelight Group websites. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
How you can access your information
If you wish to access and/or correct information held about you, you can request this information by getting in touch with us by writing to Limelight Financial Services Limited at PO Box 204365, Highbrook, Manukau 2161 or by contacting us at email@example.com or on 0800 645 008.
We will try to respond to your request within 10 working days.
What to do if you have a complaint?
Limelight Group complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993, should you feel Limelight Group has breached your rights under this Act please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Limelight Financial Services Limited
PO Box 204365